16 March 2010

Papa Cat

Lots of cats go in and out of back gardens in London... this is perfectly normal, and most do have happy homes.
One cat seems to be hanging around my garden more regularly than others... He behaves very much like a real feral, and I think he may well be the papa of my kittens...
He's a beautiful, big tom with a majestic air around him, he looks healthy but scruffy and unkempt, with terrible mats in his long bushy tail, and is probably awfully skinny under his long coat. He's very gentle with them, and mama Psipsina doesn't seem to mind him around so I decided to help him out a bit.  It's been about 10 days I have been throwing him food regularly, and he will now wait for me in the mornings, and even go as far as sniff my hand, but any further movement and he backs off, any sudden movement and he hisses. Patience will pay off, I'm sure.
(But I'm not sure if I'm mad or what - 6 months ago I had no cat at all and now I'm worried about the fifth... I don't have a clear plan yet and I absolutely wouldn't do anything that would upset my happy gang of four, but... I can see where this could be leading to...)

No comments: