12 December 2013

Donkey strop

Just when you think things are settling down nicely (finally...) there comes a new stroppy episode, to make sure I don't forget that donkeys do have their own mind.
Of course, it always is my fault. I was just going out on the big field to bring them in for the night (i.e. back to the small field where they have access to a field shelter. 
Mistake no.1: I forgot the treat bag. 
Mistake no.2: a friend (= a stranger, kind of) came with me
Mistake no.3: it was getting rather dusky already
Mistake no.4: I forgot the treat bag, despite all of the above 
So Luca decided he just would not let me catch him. And Henry would not go anywhere without Luca... And I almost got into a strop myself and let them spend the night in the field.  
Then C rescued me with the treat bag full of carrots and suddenly Luca was perfectly happy to be caught, and so we all went off happily (?) on the way home. 
This photo: Lenya Bass

No comments: