05 May 2013

Flashback: Leaving London

I lived in London - in Brixton - for 15 years. Until a few years ago I would not have wanted it any other way. But then the cats came... and I realised I had enough of big city life and all its trappings. I realised I don't need to be sure that the restaurants/shops/bars/cinema/gigs are just around the corner, if I actually prefer to hang out at home with the cats or in the park with the dog. I realised it was time to leave.
What I will miss: cycling everywhere, NEVER driving a car, the colourful madness of Brixton market where you can buy fresh herbs by the bagful. Anything else? I don't think so! It really was time to leave!
It took a couple of years of musing, of debating with myself, it took the enthusiastic support of a true companion and a trip on a whim to North Wales...and everything just fell into place.

This photo: Lenya Bass

No comments: